How to Exercise with a Treadmill?
How to correctly exercise with a treadmill
- The first important requirement is that you have a properly functioning treadmill!
- It is important to fully familiarize yourself with the treadmill functions – especially the safety key!
- Place the treadmill per the manufacturer’s recommendations to prevent safety risks
- Never use the treadmill while barefoot or wearing unsuitable footwear (heels, flip-flops, etc.)
- It is recommended to do short warm-up and stretching exercises before you start training
- You can select one of the pre-set programmes
- It is recommended to start the exercise with a lower resistance setting
- After your muscles warm up, you can adjust to higher resistance level
- At the end of the training, adjust the resistance to a lower setting again to relax your muscles
- The duration of the exercise is important to the desired effect – you start burning fats (aerobic muscle metabolism) after 20-40 of exercising
- FIT – F = exercise frequency 3-5 times a week, I = exercise intensity 60-90% of maximum heart rate frequency, T = duration of the exercise 20-60 min
- After the training, it is recommended to do a few cool-down exercises to calm your heart rate and relax your muscles
Types of treadmills