How to Exercise on an Indoor Bike?
How to properly exercise on a indoor bike:
- The first requirement is a properly working indoor bike!
- It is important to find a suitable position – height, shape and position of the saddle, adjusted handlebars, the frame end ergonomic attributes of the indoor bike and other features
- It is recommended to start with a quick warm-up and stretching
Exercising with an indoor bike
- It is better to start the training with a lower resistance setting
- After you warm up your muscles, you can increase the resistance setting
- Lower the resistance setting again at the end of your training and relax your muscles
- The duration of the exercise is important to the desired effect – you start burning fats (aerobic muscle metabolism) after 20-40 minutes of exercising
- FIT – F = exercise frequency 3-5 times a week, I = exercise intensity 60-90% of maximum heart rate frequency, T = duration of the exercise 20-60 min
- After the training, it is recommended to do a few cool down exercises to calm your heart rate and relax your muscles
Types of indoor bikes