What Is an Elliptical Trainer?
Elliptical trainer (or an X-trainer) is a relatively new fitness equipment suitable not only for home use. While exercising, your legs simulate elliptical movement. An elliptical trainer can serve as a substitute to a treadmill, spinning bike and a stepper while being much easier on your joints.
Elliptical trainer - basic categories
- Elliptical trainers with manual resistance regulation
- Computer-controlled ergometers
Elliptical trainer - according to their braking system
- caliper – this system can be found mainly in spinning bikes
- band – simple system distinguished by noisier and uneven running
- magnetic – magnet-based, guarantees smooth running
- induction – there are no moving parts, system is based on increasing coil induction
Elliptical trainer - core assembly and bearing types
- The core assembly of the flywheel must correspond with the training intensity
- Smooth and quiet running is ensured by industrial bearings
- See more technical information about elliptical trainers in our guide – How to choose an elliptical trainer?
Elliptical trainer - How to exercise
As far as technique is concerned, using an elliptical trainer is very easy. It is important to keep your movements regular. Lear more in our guide – How to exercise with an elliptical trainer?
Elliptical trainer - Why an elliptical trainer
Exercising with an elliptical trainer positively affects your blood pressure and blood circulation and increases your lung capacity. Learn more about exercising in our guide – Why exercise with an elliptical trainer?
Treadmill or an elliptical trainer?
Are you deciding between a treadmill and an elliptical trainer? In which aspects is an elliptical trainer better and does it have any disadvantages? Compare treadmills and elliptical trainers in our guide – Treadmill or elliptical trainer?
Elliptical trainer - Do you want to know more?
Have you read through our guide and still have questions? We’ll be happy to answer them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send us your questions!