Smart Cycling Computer Polar M460 HR
GPS receiver, number of functions, compatible with all major sports apps, comes with a chest strap.
- Alternatives (5)
Smart Cycling Computer Polar M460 HR
Smart Cycling Computer Polar M460 HR is a new generation cycling computer with in in-built GPS receiver. It has functions that other cycling computers in this price category can only dream of. Its features include the orthostatic test, determining the activity of the parasympathetic nervous system, i.e. the reaction of the body to a series of training sessions. Therefore, you know exactly when you are tired, when you are fit, etc.; Strava Live Segments – alerts you when you approach one of your starred Strava segments, gives you real-time data on your performance and shows your results after you finish the segment. What's more, this cycling computer also delivers motivating feedback immediately after the ride, describing the effect of the training session (Training Peaks).
- Ascend/descend via GPS
- Sharing your results on social media and analyzing them in workout logs such as STRAVA or Training Peaks
- STRAVA LIVE SEGMENTS
- TRAINING PEAKS
- Notifications (notifies you of incoming call/message)
- Compatible with the following performance monitoring software: PowerTap, PowerMax, Rotor, Quarq, Stages, 4iii, Polar LOOK KEO POWER
- Comes with upgraded Polar H10 chest strap
- Battery life of up to 16 hours with GPS on
- Accurate barometer calibrated with GPS data
- Programmable display
- Training and recovery data
- Fitness and Orthostatic tests determining activity of parasympathetic nervous system
- Dimension: 7.5 x 5 cm
- Display dimension: 3.5 x 3.5 cm
- M460 cycling computer
- Polar H10 chest strap
- Handlebar adapter
- USB cable
Heart rate monitor
- Current, average and maximum heart rate
- Heart rate per minute, average heart rate
- Average and maximum heart rate durign a segment
- Calories burned
- Amount of fat burned – motivational tool
- Current, average and maximum speed
- Current, average and maximum speed in a segment
- Speed and distance are measured via GPS. Aside from GPS, you can also use regular, wireless Bluetooth SMART speed monitors
- Cadence, pedalling frequency – current, average, maximum. To activate this function you need to buy a Bluetooth SMART cadence monitor
- Performance monitor compatible with Bluetooth SMART monitors
- Current altitude, ascended meters, descended meters
- Track your altitude with barometer
- Ascend/descend in % and ° (when using a wireless speed monitor; an update is in the works – when it is finished, only GPS will be needed)
Third party logs
You can connect the default Polar Flow log with your Training Peaks/Strava account. While Training Peaks monitors the training load, Strava alerts you when you approach one of your starred Strava segments, gives you real-time data on your performance and shows your results after you finish the segment.
First and foremost, the M460 is not your regular GPS cycling computer. The 400mAh Li-Pol accumulator can last up to 15 hours with GPS and Heart Rate Monitor on. Unlike the cheap Li-ion accumulators used by competing brands, the high quality Li-Pol accumulators do not have capacity loss – however, despite its impact on the lifespan of the cycling computer, Polar does not mention this fact.
The heart rate measuring accuracy is ±1 a heart beat or ±1%. Operating temperature is -10°C - +50°C. Altimeter sensitivity is 1 m, and it is calculated every 5 meters. Memory capacity is 70 hours with GPS turned on, and 35 hours with both GPS and performance monitor on.
Records coordinates, thus allowing you to follow your route on a map. Since the Polar FLOW online log already contains a map, you do not need to install anything. What's more, GPS also measures speed and distance, and uses the auto start/stop system – you can set your own speed limit (when it is reached, the M460 automatically goes into the pause mode).
Accurately measures altitude. It measures ascent, descent, and saves the trail profile into the training log. The default altitude is automatically calibrated based on GPS coordinates. However, the barometer can also be calibrated manually.
Heart Rate Monitor
Current heart rate (indicates how much you are exerting yourself during training). Measures average and maximum heart rate, as well as heart rate limits.
Allows you to track your physical fitness progress.
A highly sophisticated function. Repeat the test regularly to learn what to expect from your heart rate and what it affects, then adjust your training to allow your body to recover when needed.
Training Load and Recovery Time
Shows you how your training affects your body and the time necessary for recovery. These functions use the orthostatic test results.
A safety feature that improves your visibility in low light conditions. It can be activated both automatically and manually. A small LED light can be found on the front.